I have read about the fourth phase of water several times over the last few years and even tried multiple versions of structured water. However, it was not until I saw the video above that it really made sense – how critical the fourth phase of water is to hydrate your body.
The fourth phase of water, as discovered by Dr. Gerald Pollack, is not the H2O liquid, vapor, or solid we learned about in school. It is actually H3O2. He termed this fourth phase the “exclusion zone” (EZ), but it is also known as structured water or plasma.
Plasma or EZ in Your Body
However, it was not until a French surgeon accidentally captured what living fascia really looks like on film for the first time that we could see this plasma and how it morphs and modifies itself to support us.
What you are seeing in the video, what looks like cobwebs, is live human fascia. This same plasma or EZ is actually found throughout the body down to the cellular level and is needed for many functions as explained by Pollack in this TED Talk. Our bodies could not operate without it.
Fascia, also known as connective tissue, is critical to the body. It is not easy to see when an incision is made and it is not picked up on typical medical scans, yet it encases the entire body. In fact, the fascia system connects the structural system with the muscular system and helps create the overall form of your body as explained in more detail here.
Our body gets hydrated through this living fascia system as you can see more in depth in this video which further explains the fascia system and how plasma and hydration work. (You can see how water is transported on the fascia starting at the 4:30 minute mark.)
Getting the proper hydration is necessary to keep us moist, give us energy, remove waste from the body, and allow our cells to communicate with each other.
Better Ways to Hydrate Your Body
There are many ways you can increase the EZ water in your body, some of which include:
- Adding a pinch of salt to your drinking water – drink quality water with sea salt or Himalayan salt allows your body to absorb the water better
- Drinking fresh green juices – plant cell water (or chlorophyll) contains EZ (be careful if you are oxalate sensitive or try this lower oxalate green drink using lettuce)
- Eating more fruits and veggies – these naturally contain EZ, especially if organic produce and/or those that are consciously farmed
- Including more EZ building foods – things like turmeric and coconut water help to build EZ (similar to sea salt and Himalayan salt)
- Eating the gel from soaked chia seeds or the aloe vera plant
- Exposing yourself (or your water) to sunshine – sun light builds EZ, our body actually utilizes the sun similar to plants in some ways (limit your use of sunscreen as explained here)
- Exposing yourself to infrared light – infrared light, like that in an infrared sauna or infrared heating pads, builds EZ
- Grounding – get out in nature (as I explain more here), the negative charge from the earth and the ocean builds EZ
- Using crystals – natural crystals from the earth is another way to ground yourself but you can also put a quartz crystal in the bottom of your drinking glass to build EZ (holding the crystal and setting this intention before using makes it even more powerful)
- Staying positive – positive words and music can enhance structured water as explained more here
Doctors, like Thomas Cowan, and other experts, like Gina Bria, who understand this new concept of water or plasma in the body, no longer recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Rather, for better hydration, they want to you follow your instincts and instead create more water in your body by doing the things listed above as well as eating more healthy fats and reducing carbohydrates, getting more hydrogen (i.e.: hydrogen water), and incorporating more body movements like gentle stretches/twists and dancing.
Interestingly, one of the best body movements to help distribute water throughout your fascia and build EZ is to create a wave-like motion. In addition to dancing, a great way to do this is to align the front of your body against a wall or door jamb. Starting with your forehead, one body part at a time, touch the wall/jamb first with your forehead, then your nose, chin, stomach, pubic bone and start again. Repeat slowly at first until you get the hang of it and can create a smooth wave-like rhythm.
Cowan also explains how getting sick is your body’s way of cleaning the old/toxic plasma out of the cells by using a fever to get rid of the old plasma. This creates mucus and snot and looks like you are getting a cold or the flu. Toxins, microbes, bad foods, etc. can all make plasma go bad.
EMFs and wireless devices also destroy structured water in the body, literally dehydrating you and depleting your minerals.
To learn more about the 4th phase of water and how you can incorporate this new information into your life, you can take a free 16-minute course from the Hydration Foundation by signing up here.
This article was written by Sharon K. Harmon, PhD, founder of Life Design for Health. As a “Health Designer” she has a passion for helping people find their way back to optimum health by looking at the body from a unique perspective. Please contact her if you would like to know more. There is a great deal of health-related information in her blog articles and on her website, including a healing foods and pantry list and recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free and GMO-free. She is also passionate about EMF safety.