UPDATE: Please note that certain search engines and social media platforms have been removing natural health videos and other information from their sites, so some of the links below may no longer be working. Dr. Brownstein’s office has been helping many with COVID-19 symptoms using natural remedies (with one resulting hospitalization and no deaths). He was censored and his interviews and website/blog were eventually shut down by the FDA because he had no studies to back up his successes.
This is not your typical narrative. Many on the front lines are making great strides and helping people. Despite what you have been hearing, it is possible to heal from COVID-19, even if you get very sick. I will be sharing a number of links, some of which are videos interviewing medical professionals and/or actual patients who recovered.
You can see the success stories for yourself. I want you to live with hope and not fear.
Yes, people have died, but now that we know more, many more are recovering even without going to the emergency room. Many, many more have had this virus with little to no incident. In fact, it is thought that as many as 50% may be asymptomatic! This is possible if your immune system is strong.
First I want to share with you the latest list of possible symptoms, since there are many more symptoms than originally thought. Be sure to continue to read to the end. This article contains much valuable information, including tools you should have at home. You will find the information useful, especially if you or someone you know gets sick.
Current Symptom Information
One thing for sure. This c-virus is different from other corona-type viruses. Most c-viruses primarily affect the respiratory system and cause symptoms more similar to the common cold.
This particular strain can show up in a number of ways. Some of these symptoms are listed on the official CDC list. However, others are being observed by multiple practitioners and can include:
- Most common symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches/pain, fatigue, sore throat (typical mucus-like congestion is less common)
- Possible GI symptoms: stomach aches or other abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea
- Possible neurological symptoms: headache (can be severe), loss of taste/smell, visual/auditory hallucinations, eye tics, sudden personality changes
- Possible dermatologic symptoms: blood spots or bruise-like appearance (called petechia or purpura) most commonly on feet, toes or fingers, hives, overall viral-appearing rashes, pink eye
Interestingly, based on this newest information and list of symptoms, it is possible that my family already had the virus earlier in the year, before it was thought to have arrived in the United States. It is possible you may have already had it too. In fact, if you follow the antibody testing being done throughout the United States, it seems that a surprising number of people have already had the virus without any symptoms.
One reason there are so many possible symptoms is that the current c-virus likes to attach to ACE2 enzymes. The virus attaches to these receptors at the cellular level, which in turn allows the virus’s RNA to enter the cells, replicate, and disperse to other cells in the body. These ACE2 enzymes are very prevalent in our lungs. However, they are also found in other parts of our body such as our small intestine, brain, blood vessels, heart, kidneys, skin, etc. See the connection? (There are very few ACE2 receptors in the nasal passageways.)
Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, who works with patients all over the world, is concerned for people who are taking older ACE inhibitor medications because they stimulate the expression of more ACE2 receptors on the cell, which may put a person in a higher risk category. (He has actually used the newer angiotensin receptor blockers [ARBs] to do the opposite in more critical patients.)
Other practitioners such as pediatrician Elisa Song, MD are having success using “serum ACE2” as a “decoy” to prevent the virus from attaching to the cells in the first place, even after a patient is displaying symptoms. Vitamin D and Vitamin A help with this as well as getting daily exercise and sleep and possibly taking melatonin and curcumin — which all goes back to supporting your immune system. (Children also typically have higher ACE2 which may explain why they tend not to get that sick from this virus.)
Silent Symptom is “Oxygen Hunger”
It seems that the most dangerous part of the illness is the “oxygen hunger” or “silent hypoxia” that sometimes occurs. This is very different from a typical lack of oxygen in a respiratory illness. (See this video for a good explanation.)
It often goes unnoticed because it is so hard to detect. The oxygen levels may be dropping without the typical signs, like shortness of breath (even when moving around), nasal flaring, change in skin color (purplish or pale), etc.
That means that your body can be low in oxygen for longer than you realize, causing you to suddenly be in a serious situation. (See more about home pulse oximeters below.)
If the illness progresses too far, you need to provide the body with additional oxygen. This is best done in a hospital setting. (Oxygen can be provided without a ventilator, which seems to be a better first option.) Medically provided hyperbaric treatments may be another option.
However, as you will see below there are other ways to support the lungs, including things you can do at home, both preventatively and therapeutically. Use these resources so that you are prepared and can talk to your health care practitioner. (See more about nebulizing below.)
- Hydrogen Peroxide – David Brownstein, MD, who has been working with viruses in patients for over 20 years, uses a special hydrogen peroxide mix in his office. He has interviewed a number of c-virus patients who have diffused this mixture with great results. See this article (and video towards the bottom of the article) for more information, including how to make you own mixture in an emergency.
- Hydrogen water and supplements – Additional ways to get oxygen in the body is by (1) drinking filtered hydrogen water or (2) taking molecular hydrogen tablets dissolved in water. (Find out more here. You can purchase the hydrogen supplement and other products in my dispensary (10% off). The water purifier I recommend also now comes with a hydrogen cartridge.)
- Ozone therapy – Ozone helps to improve oxygen delivery in the body. It can be used medically in a number of ways. However, there are also medical grade ozone machines you can purchase for home use. Most commonly the ozone is diffused into the body rectally, vaginally, and/or through the ears (but should not be inhaled). Dr. Brownstein discusses it here. You can learn more about options for home use here, which includes a link to a video by Dr. Robert Rowen who has also been treating with ozone for years.
- Nitric Oxide – Another way to get extra oxygen into the body is by increasing your nitric oxide (NO) levels. You can do this by exercising, using near infrared light (sauna or light therapy), and taking certain supplements like those that contain arginine or citrulline.
- Deuterium-depleted water – Limiting deuterium in your water and the foods you eat is another way to increase oxygen levels in the body. This is a more difficult options and can get costly over time, but if you want to learn more listen to this podcast.
I would suggest saving some of these links and start following some of these other practitioners, since it is getting more and more difficult to find alternative information by searching on the internet. (See this article about other online sources you can connect to.)
High Iron (Ferritin) Levels in the Blood
Iron in the body is necessary to distribute oxygen to your tissues. However, it can be dangerous if levels in the blood are too high. When the air hunger occurs, as mentioned above, it is also likely that your blood iron levels are higher than normal and could potentially create more damage. Dr. Klinghardt has found levels dangerously high in very oxygen-deprived patients. Levels can be checked using a serum ferritin test and can be managed in a hospital setting. Click here to learn more.
Vitamin C Therapy
Vitamin C therapy is also being used with success by alternative healthcare providers and some hospitals. I discussed here how you can add more vitamin C to your daily regimen. However, using vitamin C in an IV is much more effective, especially when you are already sick. Here is a short video by Dr. Brownstein explaining how Vitamin C IVs helped one patient recover. This article reports on China’s use of high dose Vitamin C in hospitals. This longer article and video interview provides additional information.
IV’s must be done by a licensed medical professional. Many cities have walk-in clinics, such as iRevive in Nashville, that provide IV services without a doctor referral. (Note, however, that if you are sensitive to oxalates, Vitamin C therapy may not be a good option for you.)
The Importance of Zinc
There is a lot of discussion about the use of the malaria medications like chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. People are fearful because of the possible side effects. Dr. Klinghardt has been using hydrochloroquin (which he believes is safer) with this immuno-compromised patients for years. He states that possible side effects usually occur after long-term use, not the typical 5 days it is currently suggested for the virus.
Hydrochloroquine is typically given with a Zithromax (Z-Pak). However, medical doctors who are having the most success using these medications also include a zinc supplement. They have learned that the anti-malaria meds act as a zinc ionophore, meaning it shuttles zinc into your cells. That may be key to patient recovery.
This is a therapy that should only be done with medical supervision. See this video for more details. (See more about zinc below.)
This article discusses another older medication called methylene blue, which was originally used for malaria among other things, as another possible “game changer.”
Possible Connection with 5G Technology
5G technology is being installed around the world without any industry-sponsored studies to prove it is safe for humans or the environment. (See this video.) However, some experts are finding that one of the effects of over exposure to 5G seems to be similar to the “oxygen hunger” that is showing up as a symptom of the c-virus.
Another 5G connection ties to the high ferratin levels found in sick COVID patients. According to Dr. Judy Mikovits, the higher 5G frequencies affect the blood’s hemoglobin, causing it to release iron as ferratin into the blood, similar to what happens in extreme cases of the c-virus.
Several Nobel Prize winning physicians are linking the severity of the current viral pandemic to 5G: some of the highest concentrations of deaths are in high 5G areas. They are not saying that 5G causes COVID-19, but that it may be making the symptoms worse.
You should also know that in some states and cities, 5G is actively being installed in our schools and our neighborhoods while we have been quarantined. Until we know more it might be prudent to limit 5G-ready devices whenever possible, things like 5G smart phones, routers and appliances. (To learn more about 5G, sign up for this free summit.)
Tools for Home Use to Support Yourself
There are two first-aid tools I suggest everyone have at home in case you need them. First is a home pulse oximeter. You can use it to determine your body’s oxygen level. (You can find them online or at your local drug store and they typically cost $25 to $30.)
We have had one in the house for a couple of years and have used it once in a while to see if certain exercises or foods change our oxygen levels. It is simple to use: place it on your finger, press the button and wait for the digital reading. (One number will show you the oxygen saturation and another will give you the pulse rate.)
If you get sick, you can use the pulse oximeter to detect if your oxygen level gets too low. According to Dr. Song, both children and adults should typically be between 95 to 100 percent when awake and 93 percent or above when asleep.
Another great home tool is a nebulizer. Nebulizers have been used for years as a way to get medicine directly into the lungs and nasal passageways. A number of videos above mentioned a nebulizer. Smaller handheld versions (about $50 each) are easy to travel with and can be used for quick applications. Larger nebulizers are more powerful and may be necessary if the situation is more serious (as mentioned in some of the videos above).
You can use a nebulizer at home for a number of things. Here are items that you may want to consider having on hand, all of which can be nebulized or diffused.
- BrioTech HOCL Spray – This is the best thing I have found for prevention. It contains hypochlorous which is naturally made by your white blood cells to fight pathogens. It can be used in place of toxic hand sanitizers to disinfect your hands and in place of noxious bleach (which creates toxins) to spray and wipe down surfaces. It can also be used in a nebulizer to briefly breath in and/or sanitize the air around you. I wrote more about it here. You want watch a video about it here.
- Molecular oxygen – This is a product that is available through my office. It can be taken orally or nebulized in purified water to supply extra oxygen to the body, both as a preventative or in an acute situation.
- Thieves oil – The essential oil mixture most commonly called thieves oil actually got its name from a group of robbers who used this concoction during the black plague years ago. They used it on rags covering their face when they robbed people who died of the plaque and they never got sick. The thieves oil mixture goes by many different names. It can be used in purified water as a spray or diffused/nebulized in the air and “neat” on your feet to help reduce pathogens. (See also masks below.)
- Hydrogen peroxide mixture – As explained above, Dr. Brownstein has had great success with hydrogen peroxide. For the most detailed information click here.
Continue To Support Your Immune System
Having a strong immune system is not only the key to avoiding illness, it gives your body resilience should you get sick. It is really the number one thing you should be working on. If your immune system is strong, you can typically turn an illness around much faster. I have written many articles about protecting and improving your immune system. Start with this one to learn more specific to the c-virus.
Additional Prevention Insights
In addition to knowing how to support your immune system and oxygenate your body if it becomes necessary, below is a list of additional things you should know. Some I have mentioned before in previous posts but more information is coming to light every day. (These are not in any particular order.)
- Make sure your bowels are moving daily – It is known that the c-virus exits the body though your bowels (not the kidneys), so make sure you are having daily bowel movements. See this article for more information on what a good bowel movement should look like and steps you can take to get there.
- Protect your liver – The liver is also critical to eliminating the c-virus. Limiting your exposure to toxins in and around the home and limiting your alcohol consumption allows your liver to work more optimally. It also saves your glutathione, one of the major detoxing agents in the liver, for more important things. Many cleaning and disinfectant products are toxic. When you clean with them, they enter your body through your skin and your lungs through your breath. You are better off using more natural cleaning products and/or essential oils. Also limit your exposure to pesticides and insecticides in your foods (eat organic) and in and around your home. If you do partake, drink in moderation and use organic brands, since things like beer and wine can contain pesticides and other chemicals.
- Take Epsom salt baths – Epsom salt baths are soothing and good for so many things. It gives your body magnesium, which many of us are lacking. It helps to calm the body so it can be especially good to take a bath before going to sleep. More importantly it provides the body with sulfate which is a precursor to glutathione, allowing your body to make more of it naturally.
- Be careful taking certain over the counter medications – More specifically know that acetaminophen (Tylenol) depletes the glutathione in your liver, which is one of the body’s most important antioxidants, helps fight infection, and helps our body detoxify. Caution should also be used if taking Ibuprophin. There have been reports all over the world of people getting worse after taking it. It does not seem to happen to everyone so it may depend on the person, how sick they are, and/or the strain of the virus. However, if you take it and feel much worse after one or two doses talk to your health care provider immediately. (See this video here.)
- Don’t be afraid of a fever – Yes, it is possible for a fever to remain too high for too long, but in general a fever is your body’s first defense against a pathogen like a virus. Letting a fever run its course is often the best way to get rid of an acute illness. There are ways to help your body get through this naturally. You especially want to make sure you are getting enough quality liquids like coconut water, vital broth, or bone broth. See this article for more information.
- Be sure you are getting enough zinc – As mentioned above, we are finding out just how important zinc is to this illness. It is known that zinc is naturally antiviral. It is also necessary for the synthesis of DNA, normal cell division, proper wound healing as well as developing and activating infection-fighting T-cells. It seems that people that are getting hit the hardest are having a hard time getting zinc into their cells. You can be proactive by taking a zinc supplements. However, regularly eating more foods high in zinc helps avoid taking too much. Foods high in zinc include pumpkin seeds, cashews, chickpeas, hemp seeds, kidney bean, avocado, grass-feed beef or lamb, sesame seeds, quinoa, etc. (Organic versions should contain higher amounts and soaking your seeds/nuts, as explained here, makes the nutrients more bio-available.) A few signs of zinc deficiency is loosing your sense of smell, loosing your sense of taste, and having a sensitivity to touch (like clothing tags bothering you). There are multiple ways to help your body drive zinc into the cells, some of which are explained here. Homeopathic zinc is another more absorbable option.
- Keep taking your minerals – Most trace mineral supplements do contain zinc and it may be all that you need to reach your optimal zinc levels. (It is best to muscle test to see if you need more.) Minerals most typically get depleted by fevers, excessive stress, and over exposure to EMFs and wireless radiation (dirty electricity, Wi-Fi, smart phones, etc.).
- Possible depletion of potassium – Some practitioners are finding that people who have had COVID-19 tend get depleted in potassium. A fever can do this. However, this virus seems to additionally deplete potassium through the kidneys. Some signs of low potassium are sore joints, heart palpitations, etc. It is best to get additional potassium through juicing greens or using a whole food supplement, since too much potassium can be harmful too. This vital broth is another great source of potassium. Your body typically knows how to regulate the potassium in food.
- Be careful when wearing face masks – Several studies show face masks are not very effective unless you are sick and trying to contain droplets when sneezing or coughing. It is also easy to contaminate the mask and can be more dangerous if used over and over again. See more about the pros and cons of wearing masks here. Dr. Judy Mikovits also warns people about wearing masks, especially if you have compromised lungs. She believes that wearing the mask will further compromise your lungs because it restricts your oxygen, forcing you to re-breath your own carbon dioxide.
Although none of this should be considered medical advice, keep these things in mind as things move forward. Find a healthcare practitioner who is willing to work with you. Educate yourself and learn to advocate for your own health.
Bookmark this post so that you have it handy should you need the information. Keep working on your immune system. We can all learn and grow from this c-virus experience. If you are not already doing so, please make taking care of your health and the health of your family a priority. Stay in hope, not fear. 🙂
Disclaimer: The above information is for informational purposes only and should not be used as medical advice. Any regimen mentioned above must be individualized to minimize side effects. Please check with your physician or health care practitioner before starting a new protocol.