I did not expect my first blog to be about MSG (monosodium glutamate) but it hit close to home last weekend. This story is also a good lesson in food sensitivities.
We had a lovely dinner with some friends on Friday night – we have been wanting to expose our six-year-old son to new foods so we tried a Thai restaurant. It had been a while since we have ventured outside our usual few hangouts. . . . and I forgot to ask for “no MSG.”
The food tasted great. But within an hour of eating, I started to get a headache. A classic sign of MSG exposure. Continue reading